The Facts about Specialty Advertising Effectiveness
In today’s clutter marketplace, consumers are being bombarded with over 4,000 marketing messages every day. Business owners are struggling trying to figure out how to get their message into the minds of consumers when these consumers have put up barriers to keep this clutter out.
Wouldn’t it be helpful to have convincing facts that would help owners determine the best way to advertise their products and services? Thanks to the Marketing Research Center and the Advertising Specialty Institute these facts are available to help you today
• 90% of an audience consisting of the average American consumer reported currently owning or possessing a promotional product that they received in the last 24 months.
• 89% of consumers could recall the advertiser on a promotional product they had received in the past 24 months.
• 52% of respondents did business with the advertiser after receiving the promotional product.
• 52% of participants reported their impression was more favorable after receiving a promotional product.
• 84% of respondents remembered the advertisers of the promotional products they’ve received.
• 54% of advertising specialty respondents recalled owning writing instruments…the most memorable advertising specialty item.
• 81% of promotional products were kept because they were considered useful.
• A single writing instrument is used on average 18.2 times per month, making it the most frequently used promotional product category.
• According to the 2014 Global Advertising Specialties Impressions Study, the cost of pen impression is 1/10 of a cent based on 2800 impressions over the pen’s typical life of six months. In this scenario, a Garland writing instrument, with a lifetime guarantee, would create 56,040 impressions over ten years (467 impressions per month x 120 months). Garland writing instruments’ cost per impression is 2/100 of a cent…five times less expensive than poor quality pens.
When calling on your clients and prospects, share these facts to help them make better and more informed advertising decisions…and, you’ll make more sales.